41-50 Prince of Wales Drive, Wandsworth, SW11 4HW
Grade 2 listed mansion block built in 1895.
One of a series of mansion blocks built around the turn of the 19th century alongside and overlooking Battersea Park – see also: Connacht Mansions; Park Mansions; Norfolk Mansions; Overstrand Mansions; Primrose Mansions; York Mansions; Prince of Wales Mansions; All Saints Court.
Described as fortress like in appearance it has typical Queen Anne revival architectural features with red brick façades and contrasting white banding at storey heights; grand entrance; timber sliding sash windows; asymmetrical projecting bays with metal balustrading to balconies over entrance; four storeys high with two attic storeys; clay tiled roofs with projecting dormers; soaring decorated chimney stacks above.
Well-maintained communal garden areas separate the block from Prince of Wales Drive.