Level 2: RICS Home Buyers Report
This a survey most suited to modern flats, and modern apartments.
The FBR is technically a less detailed property inspection than a Full Flat Survey. We would not recommend this for older flats, or flats converted from houses or other buildings. However, all aspects of a building that are readily and safely accessible, visible from ground or upper floor levels and which can be examined without risk of causing damage to the property are looked at.
This means that the FBR is still a comprehensive review of the property in question and enables the buyer to proceed through the purchase process with confidence. The results of the report can also help the buyer to step back from making an offer, if the property is found to have considerable problems. We understand how stressful property buying can be, which is why we aim to make our part of the process as swift, efficient and helpful as possible.
The FBR report typically provides:
- A valuation (if required).
- Advice on any repairs that are needed immediately.
- Guidance on any additional specialist reports that will be required.
- An overview of the general condition of the property.
- Consideration of any major issues that affect the current value & potential resale in the future.
The report focuses on concerns that may require urgent attention or which customers should be aware of when negotiating a purchase price for the property.
Next: Level 3